The TAURON Foundation established in 2012 is a corporate foundation funded predominantly by the Group. To a lesser extent, it receives donations and subsidies. Company employees are engaged in the Foundation’s activities to do administrative work and run initiatives under employee voluntarism.
The Foundation implements the TAURON Group’s Sustainability Strategy by providing support to Managing social and economic impact. The Foundation acts for the benefit of the public, mainly in education and health protection, economic development, culture and arts, social welfare and care, sport and recreation, environmental protection, cultural assets and national heritage and volunteer aid and organisation.
Within its broad range of initiatives the TAURON Foundation:
- raises and collects funds and material resources to implement its goals,
- creates fellowship programmes and provides support to educational programmes enhancing the quality of education and programmes equalising education opportunities, promoting talents and extraordinary skills of children and teenagers,
- supports entities conducting activity consistent with the goals of the Foundation in organisational, material and financial terms,
- provides financial and material support to natural and legal persons, institutions, centres and facilities,
- conducts and supports pro-social campaigns,
- conducts and supports school and information campaigns,
- organises and finances educational, sport, recreational or cultural events,
- organises and supports initiatives in corporate social responsibility,
- promotes and develops employee volunteerism,
- supports (financially, materially, organisationally and legally) organisations, companies and private individuals in their activity consistent with the goals of the Foundation.
In 2015 the TAURON Foundation provided financial support (including donations) of PLN 2,784,454.
The Management Board consists of the following persons:
- Agnieszka Wójcik – President of the Board
- Sylwia Strzelec – Vice President of the Management Board
- Piotr Apollo – Vice President of the Management Board
The Supervisory Board of the TAURON Foundation consists of the following persons:
- Krzysztof Surma
- Piotr Zawistowski
- Joanna Staszewska
TAURON Foundation’s projects
The Houses of Positive Energy campaign targets 24/7 educational care centres to improve the living conditions of children living in orphanages. It was first conducted in 2005 in the Lower Silesia and Opolskie Provinces and continued in this region until 2011 when its range was expanded to covere the TAURON Group’s entire operating area, i.e. Lower Silesia, Opolskie, Silesia, Małopolskie and Podkarpackie provinces. From 2011 to 2015 some 380 orphanages from five provinces took part. In 2015 the eleventh round was held in the Energy Museum in Łaziska Górne. The children from care and educational facilities were invited to participate under a new formula entitled: “We share positive energy”. Residents were asked to conduct this initiative in their local community with the purpose of cooperation and integration with the environment. In total, over 60 initiatives for seniors, children, animals and the local environment were proposed.
The aim of this project with the DKMS Polska Foundation is to expand the base of bone marrow donors and disseminate information on how to donate. Since 2012 TAURON Group companies have organised Donor Day and their employees may become bone marrow donors by submitting a genetic material sample. In 2015 Donor Days were held in TAURON Dystrybucja, TAURON Dystrybucja Pomiary and TAURON Dystrybucja Serwis. Donor Days were preceded by a two-month information and educational action during which employees received a packet on bone marrow donation. For the TAURON Foundation it was important to offer employees an opportunity to make a deliberate and reasonable decision; therefore, they could ask any questions using special channels such as the e-mail address and phone number administered by the campaign’s expert partner, namely DKMS Polska Foundation. In May and June, another 240 Group employees joined the bone marrow donor database. From its outset this campaign has extended the bone marrow donor database by 3,791 persons.
In 2015 the TAURON Foundation through Semper Fi funded fellowships for two children: 15-year-old Agnieszka and 7-year-old Dorian – charges of the Grow with Us Foundation. Accordingly, they will be able to develop their language, natural, musical and sports interests. The Grow with Us Foundation was established in 2010 as a result of cooperation with business representatives and their care for children whose parents perish or suffer a loss of health while serving Poland. The Foundation’s charges are not just children of military personnel but also firemen, policemen and mountain rescuers.